Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Fun

Like I mentioned in my earlier post, it feels like every weekend we have had something fun going on. I moved out here one weekend. The next weekend was Memorial Day weekend and my family came out and we all went to Glenwood Springs. SO FUN. The bad news is that I was sick that weekend. I woke up Thursday morning with a fever and headache. The fever went away and the headache turned to a migrane and that didn't leave all weekend. BUT I was determined to not let it ruin my weekend because we had so many fun things planned. And boy am I glad I did!

We got there Friday afternoon and went to the hot springs. These were great, just like any springs. Nothing TOO exciting but always a good time.


The Highlight of the trip for me was Saturday when we went to the Adventure Park. Once you're in Glenwood springs, you can take a little gondolla up to the top of a mountain. From the town, you would never know that this is there! It's amazing. At the top there is a zip line, bungee jumping, games, a alpine slide type roller coaster, and so on. But the craziest thing would have to be the swing. They added a new swing that swings you over a CANYON. You are literally looking straight down a canyon. It is insane!! I'll post a picture. I can't believe I did it. What was I thinking?! haha. Plus I get motion-sick as it is. Let alone BEING sick already.....lets just say I didn't feel so swell afterwards! So worth it though.
Sunday we went on a hike to Hanging Lake. It's quite a hike, but once you get to the top it is gorgeous! Who knew there was a lake like this with these incredible waterfalls at the top of this mountain? What a pretty world!
Anyway, needless to say, this was a wonderful weekend vacation and I loved every minute of it!



The crazy swing!!






Just a cute little chair :)



Hanging Lake!



The other BIG event I will post next. It deserves it's own post because it was one of the best days of my life. haha and I'm not even joking :)

So other than that, I've just done fun things here and there. I don't really know anybody here in Grand Junction but my friend Calvin. Through Calvin I briefly knew another boy in the ward, Travis. We were friends but never really hung out or anything. Just knew each other. Well he got home from his mission and had a week before he was heading to school. So he was super nice and took me on a hike and for ice-cream and it was so fun to have someone my age around to do that stuff with!



Colorado really has such pretty hikes and places to go see. I'm no "big hiker" but I love to go explore new scenes and pretty views!




I love summer time!! Just all the different things you do. It's a total different feel than the whole rest of the year. It's the greatest!

More Summer Fun to come :)



Love, me.

No comments: