Tuesday, June 28, 2011

DAY 05



DAY 05- My Definition of Love





It's about time I get back to my day by day challenges :) Todays' is My Definition of Love!


Hmmm. This is a tough question for me because there are so many different kinds of love in my opinion. For example:

I love my baths, but not the way that I love my Family.
I love my friends, but not in the same way that I love chocolate.
I love shoes, but not in the same way that I love high heels!
And so on....



But as I was thinking about this, I got on Urban-dictionary just to see the different definitions of love. There was one sentence on there that stood out to me. It reads:

"Love can make you do anything and sacrifice for what will be better in the end."

I think that applies to all of those different types of love.



This summer has made me realize a lot of those loves.
#1- My family. Sometimes seeing things from another view, makes me realize so much more. I had a really hard time leaving Utah this summer. I went to dinner with My parents and brother, and I bawled the whole way from Salt Lake to Provo. I was so sad to be leaving them. (But I was happy to see the rest of my family!) Anyway, it was hard for me. I sure love my family so much! Even when they come to visit, I get teary when they leave. I realize how close I am to them and I literally get anxious to see them again :)

#2- A mothers love. Really, this started when I moved to college. My mom can be MILES away, and still be so involved and worried about me. I was sick while here in Colorado, and she talked to a doctor FOR me, and called in medicine FOR me, and constantly was calling to check in on me. I don't know how I'd survive without her! It's like she's right here with me and I love it! She's always there no matter where I am!
Also, living with Brooke has totally opened my eyes to a mothers love as well. These little boys are so attached to their Mommy and adore her. It's amazing what a mother (and a father) do for their kids. You can't tell me that isn't an amazing love!! I love my nephews so much. I honestly can't imagine having kids of my own because it's hard to imagine loving kids any more than I love these two little boys!



#3- The Gospel. One thing I've learned in the past several years, is that life changes, and life changes a LOT. But the Gospel never does. No matter what is going on in your life, no matter what challenges and trials you are going through, no matter where you live or where you work, the Gospel NEVER changes. It's the one constant in your life and the peace that comes with that is unbelievable! I can't imagine going through this time of my life with so many changes and new experiences without the Gospel.
You can't speak of the Savior without the word Love coming to mind. There is no greater Love than that! :)




Love, me!

No comments: