Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Best Day Ever!



So..... to the greatest day ever: The Baseball game :)


Miguel Cabrera (that favorite player of mine I mentioned in the earlier post) plays for the Detroit Tigers and they were playing in Denver the weekend after my birthday. So my parents gave me tickets!! My parents came to Grand Junction that weekend and my mom and I headed to Denver Saturday morning. We got there around 11:30 and picked up Blake at the airport. He flew in to go to the game with us :)



Then we had time to kill before the game so we went and ate at our favorite Denver diner, and went to my favorite Mall in Denver! Then, we got to the ballpark, and were one of the first ones in the gate!



We went straight over to the Tigers dugout to try and get Cabrera's autograph. Blake had little hopes and figured we would not be able to get his autograph so he was a little more focused on the other players. I however, never took my eye off Cabrera. SERIOUSLY! I'm not exaggerating at all. Cabrera came near us and I yelled to him and pointed to my shirt I was wearing (Which was the one Blake gave me) and he laughed and waved. Then he went back to batting practice. Later he came back over a couple of times in which all times I continued to watch and wave and yell. He continued to laugh. Then he went in the dugout for a while. You couldn't really see into the dugout from where I was standing, unless you crouched down awkwardly and peeked in JUST enough to see half of his head. So that I did! And he saw me and laughed and waved once again. A few minutes later he came out of the dugout, looked over at me, and held up his hand for me to throw him a ball. I threw him my ball, threw him my pen, and JUMPED for joy! He signed my ball, then signed Blake's and a few others. Then he threw my pen back and signed for me to call him. HAHA! He put his hand up to his ear and mouthed "Call me" and laughed. It was the best ever!



I was seriously the happiest girl in the world. I GOT HIS AUTOGRAPH! AND he waved at me, AND I was the first ball he signed. He was so nice too. He was the only one on his team that signed Autographs and he even tried to get others on his team to sign balls. He was just so happy and fun. I love him even more now!!



The game was a blast, even though the Tigers lost. I love ballgames and it was so fun to go with the other two baseball fanatics (Blake and my mom) and have a good time with them. It was such a great day. I get butterflies just thinking about it! No joke :)








Here are some pictures of it!!





Our favorite Denver Diner! Mmm!



My favorite Mall :)



And there he is! :)



My mom captured this great picture. Cabrera is throwing back my signed ball to me. You can even see the ball in the picture. How awesome is that?!






This was actually before he signed my ball. But Cabrera is in the background in batting practice!



Blake and I with our signed balls. He was pretty excited about it to I must say. He yelled to Cabrera: "Hey, that is my little sister. You gotta sign mine too. She can't out-do me!" haha!




We had such a good time. I sure love going to baseball games with them! They are such fanatics. My mom could tell you anything about baseball as well as Blake. It's so fun to share that love of baseball with them!

Thanks to my mom and dad for the tickets!! And thanks to Blake and my mom for such a wonderful day that I will NEVER forget!
=)

No comments: