Thursday, July 7, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Last weekend I was able to go home for the weekend.
Brooke and Aaron were headed to Manti area to a family reunion. I have been in need of renewing my drivers license and a dr appt. SO... I figured this was my chance. My awesome mom decided she would drive to Manti and pick me up :) She picked me up on Thursday night and we headed back to Provo. We went for ice-cream with Blake and then stayed the night at my Grandpas. The next morning we had breakfast and headed off to get all the things checked off my list. Side note: Getting a drivers license is such a pain!!!! Yet getting an original birth certificate isn't? Dumb.



Anyway, we got back to Brigham and WOW. First of all the temple....! Speechless! I can't believe how far it has come. It is absolutely breath taking! I am so excited to see its progress continue! Then I got home and was able to see all the new changes my parents have made to the house. Talk about a lot of new things this weekend! It was great.


Later that night I was able to go on a date with my good friend from way back, Dallin. Dallin got home from his mission in the beginning of June and I hadn't seen him yet. It was SO good to see him! Dallin is one of my favorite guys ever. He even made me the cutest birthday present in the world! Dallin and I met in 6th grade and we wrote notes all throughout Intermediate School, Jr. High, and even some High School notes! Well, Dallin kept all of these and put them in a book for me. It was the most thoughtful gift ever and I love it! We had such a good time together. As I hung out with him a quote kept coming to mind. It's one of my favorite quotes. It says:

"Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. The older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young."

I find that very true in many situations! Here's some of the fun we had :)






Here's part of the Book he made. I had written him a Birthday note a long time ago, and he copied that. Cute eh?!!


A more embarrassing part to the book. Haha we're so little in some of these pictures!


We cooked dinner :) A very good meal by Dallin, I must say!


Hangin' out on the swings :)


The next day I went fly-fishing with my mom and dad. My dad and I try and go fishing every summer. (We try and go lots but it's hard to find time!) But I love going fishing with my dad! I absolutely love doing outdoor things with him. Another side note: I drew out for the muzzleloader for the first time this year. I'm excited to start hunting. I've always wanted to but it's going to take a lot of practice!
Anyway, back to the fishing.... There's a song that is one of my recent favorites, and it totally reminds me of my dad and I and the more I listen to it, the more I want to go fishing with my dad! Here's a video of it:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IheODRwalEw


So we went fishing :) My mom was there too! She just took these pictures so she's not in them.


Don't let this fool you. My fish was bigger. It's just angled different :) Right dad!!?


I love flyfishing! Thanks Dad! :)


After Fishing I went Shopping with my mom! I love shopping with her. It was so good to have some time with my mom and do what us girls do best :) haha.

Overall, it was such a good weekend and I was sad to leave! I honestly could hang out with my mom and dad all the time! I sure love it and I'm excited to see them in a couple of weeks!


Life is good :)

No comments: