Sunday, January 10, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

I looove Christmas! This year was my sisters turn to come here for Christmas. I was more excited for the day they came than Christmas Day!
Christmas day my poor dad was sick ALL day. I saw him for about a half an hour the

whole day =(
The good news... he was perfectly fine the following day! The rest of the holiday had some sickness here and there as well, but it was Christmas none the less and a blast as always!


The older you get, the more you realize what Christmas is all about. Just the spirit of the whole season is what I love most. Having family come together and enjoy each others company create the best Christmas memories of all. I always feel a little closer to the spirit around the holidays and I know it's because we're taking a little more time to really focus on what is most important it our lives.

Each year my mom reads the nativity story. We dress up as each part in the story is read. It's a wonderful tradition!
This year my mom added something extra that REALLY hit me for the true meaning of Christmas. We had made a cake earlier that day. It was a Christmas tree cake, and my mom said we would eat it later.
After we read the nativity story, she went and got the cake. We lit candles and continued to sing happy birthday to Jesus. It was a great way to really hit close to home, the meaning of the season and why we celebrate!

Hope you all had a great Christmas!

No comments: