Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Weekend Get-away!

A couple weeks ago Mark and I went to Cedar City to spend the weekend with his family! Sooo fun.

First off- Mark and I had a crammed week full of studying and homework. We wanted to get all of our studies done by Thursday night, so we could head out Friday right after school, and just simply enjoy the weekend of relaxing.

We got to Cedar Friday evening, and I immediately felt so at home. I'm a pretty shy girl so I was a little worried, but Marks family took me right in and helped me feel so comfortable. Mark showed me around the house and the land and then his mom made us a nice homemade meal (which college students always love). We had a chill night of just relaxing and let
me tell you, I sure loved that!

Saturday Marks parents took us to St George and took us horseback riding through Snow Canyon. I have always loved riding horses growing up, but never went a whole lot. The Lyman's have four beautiful horses so they were excited to get me riding! We took it slow since I didn't really know what I was doing....but I started to get the hang of it :) One day I'll eventually learn the "up down"

motion when they start to run........ right Mark?
After riding we spent a little time in St George eating
yummy pizza and chatting.

I had so much fun riding and fell in love with horses all over again!


Later that night Mark's brothers joined us and we all went to Ninja's to eat. SUCH a nice meal and very entertaining!

I won't go day by day into detail here.......but basically I had SO much fun! We were able to watch movies and play games and if anyone knows me OR my family...... you know that I love my games :) It was fun to get to know everyone's personalities and to learn the traditional games that their family plays. I also was able to teach them a game that my family often plays so it was fun to mix and match!


The thing I loved most about this weekend was being able to see where Mark comes from. I don't mean 'where Mark comes from' in a ph
ysical sense, but more of the attributes that Mark has. Mark has great qualities that I absolutely love and I really learned where this comes from.

One moment that stood out to me was the first night we got there, we had family scripture study and prayer. We all sat together and read our scriptures individually for a while, and then followed with a family prayer. Mark and I read and pray together and now I see why that is such an important thing to him. I know that the gospel is number one in Mark's life and I love that.

Another thing that stood out to me was simply just watching Mark's dad. Doug reminds me of my own dad- having a lot of same qualities, sense of humor, spirituality and so on. The way he interacted with his wife, is exactly how Mark interacts with me. Watching this confirmed to me that Mark is sincere in how he treats me. From the day I met Mark, he talks the world of his dad. He really respects and looks up to his dad, and it makes me excited that Mark wants to be like him.

I had met Mark's family previously, but had never really got to spend a lot of time with them in a home setting. It was really good to see this side of them and I really felt that I got to know them on a personal level, and I loved it.

We had such a fun weekend and were very sad to come back to real life and school, But I'm so glad we were able to go. Thanks Lyman's for such a great weekend! :)

( Mark said to not get used to this cowboy look......but I liked it!)


Love, Bre

No comments: