Monday, April 16, 2012

Arizona

This weekend Mark and I took a little road trip to Arizona!


Mark is studying International Business w/Russian & German right now. He has been thinking about getting his MBA and has considered a great school, Thunderbird, in Arizona. This weekend they were doing a little preview weekend. They gave us two hotel rooms at their school, and took us on a campus tour, and to some classes/meetings for information about their programs.

I told Mark a long time ago that I'm sure I would be great with going to Arizona. I told him that if HE felt good about it, I'd support him. BUT- Mark, being the good man he is... wanted my stamp of approval as well. So I got to tag along. And I'm glad I did :)

Friday afternoon Mark had an interview with a recruiter (Sadia was her name.) and got some very good information. Mark gave her his resume and she told him he's a perfect fit for their school. I met Sadia later that day and she just raved about Mark. I saw her the next day and she told me to please encourage mark to come to their school. She said they would be honored to have him there and wish they could have 100 Mark's at their school.

Saturday we had a campus tour and a career information class. They have great statistics and we felt that this school would really be beneficial for a career later on. After a few classes, they had two actual classes for the students to see what it would really be like there. This is when I
would have been totally bored and lost, so I bounced back to my hotel room. I wish I could have
laid out by the pool.....but the weather was NOT in my favor. Bummer!

The weekend was full of busy classes and lots of information but we were able to have some fun too!

Friday night we met up with an old roommate of Marks, Jimmy, and his wife Haley. We were a little quick for time but we had a nice fun dinner with them. It would be really fun to move there and already have another couple to hang out with :)


Saturday night we had thought about driving to Mesa to see the temple because it's one of my favorites. But by the time Mark was finished with his classes, he was exhausted. So we decided to have a night to ourselves and we went out for dinner and just enjoyed some us time :) When we got back to the hotel rooms Mark went straight to some homework he needed to finish and by that point I was asleep and ready for bed. I'm loads of fun, right?
Sunday we made the long trek home. We were able to stop for a bit in Vegas and visit Mark's Grandparents and family and take a little break. Luckily Marks sister Nicole was able to ride from Vegas to Cedar with us and drive so Mark could have a little snooze in the back. (I can't drive Mark's stick shift...haha) So thanks to Nicole!

It was such a quick weekend and I wish we would have had more time to have some fun in the SUN instead of cold....ha! But we still made it so fun. I loved being able to spend so much time with Mark and get away for a while :)

I really feel so good about Thunderbird. It's such a great school and will really be a great school for Mark to attend. Just listening to the details about the school, and the many countries everyone there has visited, and the many languages they can all speak......Mark fit right in!

I definitely had my moment of reality and realized how much goes into this. Not only living in Arizona, but the traveling that takes place and the cultural aspect of it all. But I really do feel
great about it and I am so grateful for Mark and his hard work and determination to do this. He
always says that he just wants to take care of me....and I KNOW he will :)

Pretty much after this weekend, I want to move to Arizona asap! BUT....I'll have to wait a bit. Mark graduates from UVU in December and will work for a while to get enough work experience to apply to the program. He'll take the GMAT soon and we'll see when we can get down there! I love Arizona, but most of all I'm just excited to start new adventures with Mark!

Lastly, a few random things.

I loved all the cactus along the way! They are so huge and literally take place of tree's out in their desert. I loved them!

Lastly, Mark is going to die that I am blogging this, but let me just say how adorable the bunny rabbits are down there. I was outside of my hotel room one day just looking at the campus and I thought I saw a squirrel. Wrong.... it was a bunny! Then, I saw another bunny run towards the first one and all the sudden the bunny jumped STRAIGHT up VERTICALLY in the air. And it was SO high! I was cracking up and I knocked on Mark's door and made him come see. They were hilarious! I could watch them all day :)


Such a fun little trip we had and I'm SO glad we were able to go!
Love, Me

No comments: