Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Life...

Life = Stressful!
College life is the greatest.. it really is. You learn SO much about every point of your life. But MAN that is stressful business!

This year so far has been a blast. I (once again) love Utah State! I'm actually loving my classes, (minus one) and I'm loving both of my jobs! I love all of my roomates, and I have met lots of new and fun friends who keep me always going.
YET.....the STRESS never....goes...away!
I have a class called "Balancing Work and Family" and we've been talking about your personal needs, and how important it is to take time for yourself to do the things YOU love to do, in order to be pleasant to those around you. It's an interesting concept. So I've tried to take some more time just for myself lately by doing things like:
*Going for a drive to the temple by myself.
*Writing in my journal more (blog included)
*Taking a nap (I don't do this often)
*Driving! I drive to Brigham a lot and actually enjoy the alone time!
*Dancing- my only form of exercise..

And so on.......

But the problem with this is that it doesn't take the stress AWAY. (Bummer!) But it does help overall. There's a song that I've never enjoyed too much for some reason. But it came on my i-pod the other day and I realized what GREAT lyrics they are, and how it applies SO well!

"Life ain't always beautiful. Sometimes it's just plain hard.
Life can knock you down, it can break your heart.
Life ain't always beautiful. You think you're on your way,
And it's just a dead end road at the end of the day.
But the struggles makes you stronger, And the changes make you wise.
And happiness has its own way of takin' its sweet time...
No,life aint always beautiful, Tears will fall sometimes.
Life aint always beautiful, But it's a beautiful ride.
Life aint always beautiful, Some days I miss your smile.
I get tired of walkin' all these lonely miles. And I wish for just one minute,
I could see your pretty face. Guess I can dream, but life don't work that way.
But the struggles makes me stronger, And the changes make me wise.
And happiness has its own way of takin' its sweet time.
No, life ain't always beautiful, But I know I'll be fine.
Hey, life ain't always beautiful, But its a beautiful ride.
What a beautiful ride!"
Ya.....Life is awesome, and Life is STRESSFUL. But in all its ugliness......It's still a beautiful ride =)

No comments: